Saturday, September 25, 2010

Telemarketing grief

I know I’m not the first and won’t be the last to complain about telemarketers but I seem to be getting a lot of calls lately from 1-877-549-5737. When I finally answered this morning, the person on the other end “Connie Roy” said she was with a company called BRI working on behalf of the Royal Bank. I didn’t bother with the pitch, but thanked her for her call and hung up. The “800notes” website gave me information: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-877-343-3683/3

It may be legit, but RBC should learn that one way to piss off its customers is by calling them on a Saturday to pitch some product. For the last couple of weeks at least, they have been calling daily if not several times a day - usually I just ignore all 800 numbers. Will resume doing so today!

Apparently there is another line for the same purpose, 877-343-3683. More info: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-877-343-3683/3

3 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

ARGHHHHHH!
With me, it's been Sears because I bought a remote control from them and they are pimping an extended warranty.
I counted 30 calls on my call display over the last couple weeks before I picked up in exhaustion and told them I would report them as I was on the NO CALL list.
Haven't heard another word.
XO
WWW

ViewPoint2010 said...

I guess it's an example of "if the technology is there, then exploit it to make a buck". 99.9% of the time, because I have caller display, I simply ignore these calls, but when you see that they call every day, sometimes several times a day, it makes you want to reroute phone service to Skype only.

Telemarketing services said...

In our place almost all of our phones ring almost every day because of those callers. It is now a big problem for all of us. Just like what you are experiencing.