Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beneath her standards - or something?

Guess I was more than a little surprised to hear the Premier say she’s not going to recall the House until spring but I was even more surprised to hear Kathy Dunderdale say, "I don't find it a place for a very healthy, open, constructive debate to start with.” I haven’t sat in on many sessions in the Legislature except for a couple of debates in which I had some personal interest, but to dismiss the Legislative process with a wave of the first ministerial hand is a bit much.

The reason we went through the multi-million dollar exercise of an election was that so people could be elected as MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, not as members of some exclusive club that meets behind doors and plots the future of the province. Tom Rideout was right when he said that Dunderdale apparently sees the Legislature as “a necessary evil.” It’s unfortunate she didn’t make that pronouncement before the election.

The results may have been different.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I'm such an old cynic, Veep, I'm not surprised at all. Her puppeteers WANT Muskrat Falls, lashings of cash to be made, and she is at their service. Why have an open and accountable house sitting? Are you mad?
We will be bankrupt. What wanton waste of our treasure but we are not alone...
XO
WWW

ViewPoint2010 said...

Bless the cynics! I'm too naïve for my own good - believing in the goodness of people, politicians included until they pull one like this. Regardless of who pulls the strings, Dunderdale wears this one.