Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keep >>Polemic & Paradox<< alive

One of the things I’ve learned through blogging is there is no limit to the stupidity of our species.

Once you put your opinion out there, it’s open season and regardless of what sort of reason or logic you use to express your opinion, many webizens are committed to showing you the error of your thinking in the most vitriolic manner. Just read some of the comments on the CBC website sometime if you want to see a shallow gene pool.

In some ways, I’m lucky with this blog – I don’t have that many readers and those who do read it generally don’t express any opinions. I’m grateful for those regulars (shout-out to WWW, GNB & Chris) who take the time to offer comment. It’s their participation which often prompts me to write another post when it’s 2am and I can’t sleep.

It burns my butt when someone who contributes mightily to the blogging canon comes under attack to the extent that they decide to pull the plug. That’s what happened with Peter Whittle, the author of Polemic & Paradox who decided today to drop what he describes as “The Final Curtain”, “With only 55 days to go before this fall's general election, some folks are getting a bit touchy about my political commentary and observations.  As a result, P&P is going to take a break for an undetermined period. I thought about switching gears but it is difficult to teach an old dog a new trick.”

I enjoy reading Peter’s extensive writing on a broad range of issues. He is always respectful with his opinion and backs it up where need be with fact and personal experience. To me, that’s the three-legged stool of personal opinion blogging.

The blogging world will be the poorer for his absence. I urge you to visit his blog and encourage him to keep Polemic & Paradox alive.

7 comments:

Lisa Browne said...

What a lovely, supportive post!

ViewPoint2010 said...

Thanks Lisa. I really believe that we need to make the effort to support one another in the blogging world. Your fresh cod sounds yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!

Brian said...

My daily routine is to hit P&P then VP2010 on the way to Bond and beyond.
You expressed my thoughts on P&P very well, thanks for that ;-]

Government Funded Blogger said...

Hey VP, thanks for putting up the link to P&P. Outside of politics I like his other interesting posts.

Too bad he has let the A**holes get to him.

ViewPoint2010 said...

Hey Brian, thanks for stopping by in the comments section. Your blog is one of my daily stops as well. I enjoy your content. espy those meals you put together. You should open the Dead Walrus Cafe in Nain!

ViewPoint2010 said...

GFB, agree with you entirely. I notice that he's still posting comments, so he's seeing our words - just hope he heeds them!

Peter L. Whittle said...

Thanks all.

I appreciate the comments.